Ritonka Milk Chocolate, Strawberry, Cookie, Caramel, & Salzburg Austrian Rock Salt Chocolate Bar
Ingredients: milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, cocoa mass, emulsifier: soy lecithin, bourbon vanilla), salzburg natural salt, freeze dried strawberry, caramel (sugar, glucose syrup, condensed skim milk, butter, whole milk powder, cream, sweet whey powder, table salt), cookies (wheat flour, sugar, butter, glucose syrup, baking agent, ammonium carbonates, sodium carbonates, table salt, whole milk powder).
Cocoa content at least 33%. Calorific values: 2233kj/533 kcal; fat: 33g; of which saturated fatty acids: 13.5g; carbohydrates: 30.7 g; sugar: 36.8g; protein: 6.1g; salt: 0.2 g
Ritonka Milk Chocolate Strawberry Cookie Caramel & Sea Salt
- Austrian or European chocolate is required to have a higher percentage of cocoa. Example: Milk chocolate Ritonka has 33.6% cocoa solids, while an American Hershey's milk chocolate bar contains 11% cocoa solids.
- Austrian or European chocolate has a lower sugar content.
- American chocolates are lighter and sweeter; using a smaller variety of ingredients like caramel, almonds, peanuts, and chocolate cream. European chocolate, in comparison, is darker and richer. Its ingredients could be anything from fruits, nuts, spices, and herbs, to caramels, ganaches and more.
- Americans and Europeans differ in both the amount and the fat content. European chocolates, with their smoother, richer flavor, use European butter and cream, which has a higher fat content. To accentuate the smoothness of the chocolates, Europe also uses more cocoa butter, further accentuating the difference in taste. Where American chocolate tends to use vegetable oil.
- Finally, there is a difference between where Europe and America get their cocoa beans. American chocolatiers tend to use beans from South America, while Europeans, such as those in Great Britain, often use beans from West Africa instead. Different beans do result in different flavors, so depending on your palette one type of bean may taste better to you than another.